Projects considered for funding by JSIF can comprise a mix of supporting components from the list below, or other project type as agreed with funding agencies.
Includes the rehabilitation, expansion, construction or equipping of:
- Early childhood development centres, primary and all age schools
- Small road in agricultural areas, bridge approaches, small bridges, foot bridges, retaining walls, drains
- Urban access roads
- Small scale water schemes
- Health centres
- Community resource centres
- Skills training centres
- Facilities for tourism product enhancement
- Play and recreation areas
- Sports facilities
- Community markets
- Vocational skills training, market awareness, entrepreneur skills
- Job separation counselling, employment profiling, personal development, job preparation skills
- Personal money management
- Conflict resolution, anger management
- Parenting skills, adolescent/adult life skills
- Trauma and bereavement counselling
- Health and hygiene behaviour change
- Construction site skills
- Substance abuse counselling
- Organizational development
- Planning and management
- Communication skills and basic conflict resolution
- Fund raising and financial management
- Disaster preparedness
- Projects for special/vulnerable groups, for example, homes and shelters, training for persons with disabilities, the elderly, abandoned children, street people.
- Projects of an innovative nature, which may yield new, replicable approaches to poverty alleviation.
- Projects that promote best practices through awareness and capacity building.