Building on the experience and results of the first phase of the project this new phase of REDI, will focus on strengthening value chains and develop tourism clusters with an emphasis on the linkages between producers, service providers and buyers; to improve economies for small agricultural and tourism enterprises.
Some of the areas that REDI II will improve are:
- Agriculture & Tourism Linkages
- Optimized rural agriculture production
- Direct integration of Youth into the sectors
- Improving agricultural Productivity
- Enhanced Business Mentorship & Coaching
- Public Infrastructure Investments
- Enhanced Marketing of Community Tourism Enterprises
- Increased efficiency through the introduction of technology and innovation
- Increased employment specifically targeting youth. A total of 1,300 jobs were created nder the first phase of the REDI project ( REDI I).
- Diversified tourism offerings allowing for expenditure and earnings within rural communities.